Pages

Tuesday 10 March 2020

Explanation Writing

W.A.L.T write an explanation piece of writing

How do bees make honey?
Bees have to fly about 90’000 miles-three times around the globe to make
one pound of honey?

Bees collect nectar and flowers are in bloom. This is usually
 in spring. They use their straw like a tangle to suck the nectar 
Out.


 (How they return the nectar back to the hive .) They return 
when
 are full of nectar. They often wait until the night to go back to 
the hive.

To turn the nectar into honey they puke it into other workers' mouths and  other bees keep on doing this until they are finished. They dried it out by flapping their wings. They then put it into a honeycomb and then protect it with wax.

when the bees are done the beekeeper come and collect the honey and prepare it for selling .




I am very proud of all the detail I have included in my writing. I planned with Miss Thompson to ensure I had enough information to confidently write about the topic. I would like to work on 
my punctuation



My question is how long do  bees take  to make one pound of honey? 
How much is one pound of honey?
 and also how do they make the nectar into honey to sell what is your question for bees?

No comments:

Post a Comment